Is this sermon for real or just a really good parody? (HT: Suzanne McCarthy at Better Bibles Blogs, who isn’t sure, either). For those of you who would like to know something more about what it really means when the KJV speaks of “him that pisseth against the wall,” you can check out this oldy but goody by Tyler Williams: “Dogs, Urine, and Bible Translation.” Bottom line: it’s a derogatory comparison to male dogs; it’s not setting a biblical standard for how “real men” are supposed to behave. But I probably didn’t need to explain that to you, did I?
- mike on Thanksgiving 2013
- What’s a Bible? on Ken Schenck Reviews Five Views of Biblical Inerrancy
- On the whiteness of Al Mohler’s White Theology on Ken Schenck Reviews Five Views of Biblical Inerrancy
- 7 things @ 9 o’clock (11.11) on Fantastic Biblical Beasts and Where to Find Them
- WF on Bonhoeffer: Not a Conspirator After All?