Is this sermon for real or just a really good parody? (HT: Suzanne McCarthy at Better Bibles Blogs, who isn’t sure, either). For those of you who would like to know something more about what it really means when the KJV speaks of “him that pisseth against the wall,” you can check out this oldy but goody by Tyler Williams: “Dogs, Urine, and Bible Translation.” Bottom line: it’s a derogatory comparison to male dogs; it’s not setting a biblical standard for how “real men” are supposed to behave. But I probably didn’t need to explain that to you, did I?
- Andii on I’m Suddenly Interested in What Mike Licona May Have to Say
- Is it OK to Doubt the Bible? on I’m Suddenly Interested in What Mike Licona May Have to Say
- Nick Peters on I’m Suddenly Interested in What Mike Licona May Have to Say
- A few good links | eChurch Blog on What Are All These Sinners Doing in the Bible?
- Darrell Pursiful on Why Advent?