Dr. Platypus

Home » +Fellowship » Group Opposes IMB’s Headlong Dash into Donatism

Group Opposes IMB’s Headlong Dash into Donatism

That, at least would have been my headline. The folks at the Biblical Recorder apparently have much more restraint.

Update: Tony Cartledge, almost always a good read for Baptist doings, weighs in.

Advertisements

7 Comments

1. mike says:

I’m tired of you Atkins Diet people trashing donuts all the time — as if eating them is some sort of idolatry, an -ism, for heaven’s sake! You’re the reason Krispy Kreme went out of business in my town, after a very promising beginning.

2. steve martin says:

Funny how it seems to always get bck to something that we must do….either this way, or that way.

Wouldn’t be great if we could just trust in what God has done for us and knock off the religion game?

Of course I think that the Donatists were wrong, because they didn’t want to dunk(the apostates).

– Steve M.

3. D. P. says:

Mike: Krispy Kreme is the one, true donut shop. Dunkin’ Donuts, Tim Horton’s, etc., are merely donut-selling “communities” that must ultimately be judged defective.

4. Us Tim lovers will let you Krispy Kreme lovers bask in your false sense of superiority.

5. mike says:

To be precise (and positive): other shops contain elements of crispness or creaminess insofar as they share in the life of the one, true shop. But donuthood subsists in Krispy Kreme.

6. Bill says:

Hi, Darrell. Cool blog. I think we might have a thing or two in common.

I noticed the last link on your chronology page won’t come up for me. Is it down on purpose, or am I the one with the problem?

7. D. P. says:

Welcome, Bill. The page is down because I had completely forgotten to build it! (Don’t you hate when that happens?) But if you go follow this link, you can read the series of blog posts on which the web page was meant to be built.

Comments are closed.