John Hobbins has weighed in on the complementarian-egalitarian debate with a multi-part blog series which includes a review of Jim and Sarah Sumner’s Just How Married Do You Want to Be? (Downers Grove: InterVarsity Press, forthcoming 2008). This looks like it will be an important book for complementarians and egalitarians alike.
- What is the Debate between Complementarians and Egalitarians really about?
- The Comp Egal Debate: Honesty is Such a Lonely Word
- The Comp Egal Debate: What does it mean that “the husband is the head of the wife”?
- The Comp Egal Debate: A Distorted View of Headship
- The Comp Egal Debate: A biblical definition of a wife’s submission to her husband
- The Comp Egal Debate: A “purely” historical take on Ephesians 5:22-33
- Sarah Sumner on the Need for Integrity in the Comp Egal Debate