As a show of gratitude for my readers, I’m pleased to announce that it’s time for the annual book giveaway at Dr. Platypus. As in previous years, the winner will receive his or her choice of books from among the new releases from Smyth & Helwys Publishing, excluding volumes of the Smyth & Helwys Bible Commentary, books from other publishers, and short-run titles.
Here are your ten choices for this year’s giveaway:
- The Disturbing Galilean: Essays About Jesus by Malcolm Tolbert
- Leaving Religion, Following Jesus by Ronnie McBrayer
- Sessions with John & Jude: God’s Abiding Words for an Active Faith by Charles Qualls
- Making the Good News Good Again by Judson Edwards
- Bottom Line Beliefs: Twelve Doctrines All Christians Hold in Common (Sort of) by Michael B. Brown
- Hardball Religion: Feeling the Fury of Fundamentalism by Wade Burleson
- Sessions with Mark: Following Jesus at Full Speed by Michael D. McCullar & Rickey Letson
- Reading Paul’s Letters to Individuals: A Literary and Theological Commentary on Paul’s Letters to Philemon, Titus, and Timothy by W. Hulitt Gloer & Perry L. Stepp
- Acts, Annual Bible Study: Living With Passionate Faith by Judson Edwards
- Growing Up Christian: A Congregational Strategy for Nurturing Disciples by C. Ellis Nelson
To enter, simply leave a comment to this post with the words, “I want a free book!” (No need to tell me which one at this point; you can decide after you win.)
Next Friday, August 28, a winner will be selected at random and announced on this blog. Good luck!